Saturday, January 23, 2010

Kentucky here we come!

I never thought these words would come out of my mouth but....we are going to live in Louisville! Jordan was accepted into several school and after 40 days (that's how long we had before we had to put money down to save his seat in school) of much pray and thought we have decided that Kentucky is the place we need to be. Jordan is completely psyched to go but I have to admit I've been having my doubts from time to time. As many of you well know, I am quite the homebody, I've never lived anywhere but AZ and I'm totally attached to my family so the idea of leaving was a little hard to grasp at first to say the least. But I'm to the point now where the only thing I'm worried about is the winter weather so if that's the least of my worries then I think I'll survive. We've heard nothing but wonderful things about Kentucky believe it or not. No one has a bad thing to say about it! Who wudda thunk? Anyway, we will be leaving right after graduation in May to have some time to relax and get settled before he starts school in July. So if anyone has a layover in Louisville (that's probably the only reason you would be there) look us up and we would be glad to have you!
I feel like ever since we've had this blog the only thing we update about is dental school and since we know where we are going now, I'm at a loss of things to blog about. Jovie bear is doing good. She is just so funny! I can't take it! She is at such a fun age right now, she's starting to mutter words, trying to walk, giving kisses, turning into such a cuddle bug. I never thought I could love someone this much! Don't get me wrong however, she is definitely still a stinker, but I have to remind myself often that she is perfectly healthy and you can't complain about anything else. I can't believe she will be a year old in April it goes by so fast it honestly hurts. She is growing up so fast and I can't stop it!
Life is good and we are so blessed everyday, enjoy these amazing pictures of Jovie taken by Teresa Hill in our ward!


8 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

She's got such an amazing little smile. I can't believe it's almost been a year either. I remember you telling me about your first nights together. Gosh. I can't handle it. And now you're moving to Kentucky. The best home teachers we ever had. Lucky for you I have an aunt there...maybe we can stay for longer than a layover if you guys ever need some old friends to visit (of course that will be once we actually have a job or some form of income to get us there in the first place. So don't hold your breath for a while at least. ha ha). I'm so happy for you guys! Go Jordan!! :)

Jillsywillsy said...

Yeah! A reason to look forward to my Louisville overnights!!

Krista and Trey said...

Alison, that is pretty exciting news. There is nothing like living away from home, especially in the South. I have heard Kentucky is a great place. Have fun on your new journey.

Yimleej said...

We're super excited for you! That's exciting you know where you're going to be next year - when are you moving?

Derek & Kellyn said...

So exciting! Look out for Elder Ritchey :)

R.C + T.S said...

Ali- I am so excited for you! Kentucky is going to be fantastic; I just wish that we might have lucked out and been somewhat near each other during the same time. Oh well, there is still plenty of time for that.

Club said...

Wow... It's very unique blog.

Fantastic pictures.

I like your blog.

Plese visit:

http://mofioso.blogspot.com/

Keep blogging.
Have a great time.

Breanna Gaylord said...

im so excited for you guys. it will be a fun adventure:) just come back as soon as you can:) jovi is so cute. love all her accessories!